Thursday, October 27, 2011

School Days



This year Luke went to a pre-school for about 2 weeks, the picture to the left is him on his first day of school, such a big day for all of us and he really did so good! He attended a very sweet private christian school in the little town near us, they use the A Beka program which is supposed to be very advanced. So, then we found a rent house in Fredericksburg and felt it was our chance! So we pulled him out.... but I have to say I was kind of glad because for some reason I had hesitancy about putting Luke in school period. I had considered home schooling many times in my mind, it just always made me tired thinking about it. Well, since we moved so quickly and unexpectedly, it was just easier not to put him in anything. The school where he was going let me take the curriculum since we paid for it, so we have this really advanced curriculum (i'm talking crazy advanced) that I can try out with him this year. So it will be a great help in my home schooling endeavors this year with him.  Little Eli is ever eager as well to go to "cool".  He is picking up everything too! We are starting out slow in the curriculum, Luke is doing some letter tracing, letter sounds, and recognition, but I know his favorite "subject" so far is crafts. He loves using scissors and glue, could care less about writing, and really has to try hard to color. Eli loves the craft time too, and is learning colors and shapes.  The pictures on the top right are of them at our kitchen table doing "school". The house we live in now is seconds from the park, so we do "school" for about 30 minutes to an hour, since I have to pull them away from crafts, then we head to the park. Today we also went to the library to check out our first books since living here. They like the library, and do actually pretty well for their age, I try to make it quick and painless. We are talking about the letter 'I' and the short sound it makes, so we got some books on Indians. They loved the books we got. We made some Indian headbands later on, which I will have to take some pictures and post later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Greathouse Gang. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase